One of the best things to add to a hot, fluffy biscuit is a sweet jam. This keto-friendly strawberry jam is the perfect addition to your next breakfast!
When I was younger, my dad would grow strawberries next to our barn. Each summer, he would pick them and spend a day or two making freezer jam. His jam was the absolute best thing I have ever eaten. It was sweet and utterly delicious on a nice hot, buttered biscuit.
Of course, the jam was chock full of sugar. In fact, that is what helped to make it so wonderful was how sweet it was. As you know, that kind of thing is not part of a low-carb diet. How I wish…
Our friend Wendi over at Loaves and Dishes has a great write-up on the cooking and canning process of the regular sugary jam if you’re interested in seeing how it’s made.
Normal jam recipes call for pectin to be used. Pectin helps to thicken the mixture, resulting in the thick jam you have been used to in the past.
We don’t believe in adding ingredients that aren’t absolutely necessary, especially when trying to eat as clean as possible. Some people may add pectin, but this recipe does not. It is easy to cook and reduce the mixture for the same effect without having to use additives.
Do know, if you taste the jam right after you cook it, it won’t have a very bold flavor. It must have time to cool before the flavor will be fully present.
If you’re wondering how you can eat this jam, it’s super easy. Start with some of our Southern-Style Keto Sausage Gravy and Fluffy Low-Carb/Keto Biscuits. Then, after you’ve finished the main part of your breakfast, we are going to add the “dessert.” Butter one half of a biscuit and add this jam.
Trust me, it will be good.
There’s not much better than a buttery biscuit and strawberry jam. Don’t believe me? Try it.
Similar Recipes You Might Like…
- Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Keto Cinnamon Toast Ice Cream
- Keto Italian Gelato
- Keto Root Beer Float
- Keto Shortbread Cookies
- Keto Cookie Bars
- 16 oz fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cups Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- (use coupon code betterthanbreadketo for 20% off your order!)
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Remove the tops from the strawberries and slice into quarters
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredient over medium heat
- Using a meat chopper (works the best, oddly enough) begin to mash/slice the strawberries into smaller pieces
- Bring the mixture to a light boil, stirring occasionally
- Slowly begin to reduce heat every few minutes, letting the mixture continue to cook and thicken; stir occasionally
- When the mixture has reached your desired jam consistency, remove from heat and place into a Mason jar or other air-tight container
- Place into refrigerator and let cool; will keep for a few days
- Serve and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1 tbsp
Amount Per ServingCalories 10 Total Fat 0g Carbohydrates 1g Protein -g