A wonderful combination of bacon, beef, and bourbon. These keto bacon bourbon meatballs are delicious and create a new taste combination you’ll love!
One of the most popular and iconic keto foods is bacon. We eat bacon all the time. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, midnight munchies… I digress. Point is, bacon is awesome and delicious.
Therefore, bacon is the perfect addition to a delicious meatball. There are several different types of bacon, including side bacon, back bacon, collar bacon, cottage bacon, and jowl bacon. I’ve never seen anything other than side bacon sold near me, but any type of bacon will work for this recipe.
The combo of beef and bacon in this recipe remind me of a nice bacon cheeseburger (minus the cheese, of course). The thing that really makes this dish unique is the bourbon glaze.
By using ketchup, golden Lakanto sweetener, and bourbon, you can create a sauce similar to barbeque sauce. Of course, traditional barbeque sauces are famous for being full of sugar. As you know, that is a huge no-no on keto.
After the alcohol evaporates from the bourbon, the taste left behind is tangy, yet rich. When the meatballs take a quick dip in the glaze, the flavor combination is wonderful. There are a couple options on how to glaze the meatballs. You can “dunk” them in one at a time before serving. You can also pour the sauce over the meatballs in the skillet.
I prefer the second of the two since it is easier in the long run. Do make sure to drain the fats and juices leftover from cooking the meatballs before putting them back in the skillet. No need to have a skillet full of bourbon glaze and leftover juices now is there.
These meatballs will be a new favorite of yours. They aren’t hard to make and they are yummy to eat.
Make a batch of these keto bacon bourbon meatballs tonight and enjoy!
For the meatballs...
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 lbs bacon
- 1 cups pork rind breadcrumbs
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper
For the bourbon glaze...
- 1/2 cups no-sugar added ketchup
- 1/2 cups bourbon
- 1/4 cups Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well
- Using a cookie scoop (or better yet, your hands) form meatballs out of the meat mixture
- Place the meatballs in a skillet or 10" cast iron skillet and cook over medium heat
- As the meatballs get done, remove them from the skillet and place onto a plate with a paper towel
- While the meatballs are finishing, place all of the bourbon glaze ingredients in a small saucepan
- Bring to a boil until the bourbon smell dissipates and the sauce begins to thicken
- Glaze the meatballs by placing them back into the skillet and pouring glaze overtop
- Chow down and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 3 meatballs
Amount Per ServingCalories 223 Total Fat 11.5g Carbohydrates 1.5g Protein 26.5g