Copycat Low-Carb Chick-fil-a Grilled Nuggets
Chick-fil-a is one of the most delicious fast-food restaurants you can find. Now you can make some low-carb Chick-fil-a grilled nuggets at home!
Have you ever eaten at Chick-fil-a? No? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! Find the closest one to you right now, no matter where you are reading this, and go. Don’t just kinda get there. Go there with a great sense of purpose and urgency! Don’t speed or break any laws, however…
Because Chick-fil-a is so popular, it’s always busy. If you’ve been you know what I mean. If you’ve not, boy are you in for a huge surprise!
In case you didn’t know, their chicken is delicious. Every single menu item they have is as good as any of the rest. Of course, like most fast-food establishments, most items on the menu are not low-carb/keto friendly. Enter the Chick-fil-a Grilled Nuggets, one of the healthier, lower carb items on the menu.
Unfortunately, even those are marinated in a mixture that includes sugar.
We took some time to examine what makes Chick-fil-a chicken so delicious. Apparently, it’s a nice bath in dill pickle juice. So, we created our own version of the Chick-fil-a Grilled Nuggets which removes the sugar component. This version is great for those who love Chick-fil-a but are keeping a close eye on their carb intake.
After a quick bath in the pickle juice, you add in some spices and bake. It’s really as easy as that. Do make note that I feel the time the chicken spends in the juice is very important. Some people report lesser is more for their recipes, but I don’t agree with it. I think it needs a good brine in the juice for a nice taste. The salt component of the juice is also very important!
It takes some prep time to marinate the chicken, but it’s all downhill from there. Make a big batch of these chicken nuggets for dinner tonight. Make some of our No-Compromise Low-Carb Fries to go with them.
It sure beats waiting in the drive-thru line.
Similar Recipes You Might Like…
- Cheese Stuffed Keto Meatballs
- Easy Keto Pad Thai
- Sweet Slow-Cooker Keto Chicken
- Cast Iron Skillet Keto Pork Chops
- Easy Keto Egg Drop Soup
- Savory Keto Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 jar dill pickle juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450˚F
- Cut the chicken breast into chicken nugget sized pieces
- Combine the heavy cream and pickle juice into a mixing bowl; add the chicken
- Let the chicken marinate for 45 minutes to an hour
- Using a strainer, strain the marinade from the chicken; discard the marinade
- Mix the spices into the drained chicken
- Spread the chicken nuggets onto a baking sheet with a silicone baking liner
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until the nuggets begin to turn a light golden color
- Alternatively, you can cook these nuggets on a grill just like you would cook any other chicken recipe
- Remove from oven and let the chicken rest for a few moments before serving
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 200 Total Fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 0g Protein: 31g