Grabbing a cinnamon bun for breakfast might have been your favorite pre-keto activity. Now you can have your keto cinnamon roll mug cake and eat it too!
Cinnamon… Where do I start Cinnamon is an incredibly versatile spice. It’s one of those spices some consider a cure for “what ails ya”. Others use it to flavor anything and everything especially baked sweets. I fortunately (or unfortunately) belong to neither group.
Believe it or not, there are different types of cinnamon. The less common variety is called Ceylon, which is rare and more expensive. It has a mellow, fruity flavor and is often called the “true” cinnamon. Cassia, which is most common in the United States, has a stronger, spicier flavor. Unless you’re paying top dollar for your cinnamon, you’re using cassia.
One of our local bakeries makes some of the most delicious looking cinnamon buns I’ve ever seen. If we’re being honest, everything they make looks amazing, but that’s beside the point.
Admittedly, I’ve never had one of their cinnamon buns but I frequent the bakery to pick up treats for my non-keto wife. During my pre-keto years, I had a few utterly amazing cinnamon sweets. They were usually my go to pick, as I loved the combination of cinnamon and sweet.
The key, at least in my opinion, to a good mug cake (or any cake) is to be moist. This recipe achieves just that.
If you are a fan of cinnamon buns, you can’t pass up this cinnamon roll keto mug cake. It makes the perfect breakfast, dessert, or sweet treat.
Go ahead. Treat yourself. You know you wanna.
Similar Recipes You Might Like…
- Keto Lemon Bars
- Keto Shortbread Cookies
- Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
- Keto Pumpkin Cookies
- Keto English Toffee w/ Toasted Macadamia Nuts
- Keto Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large mug
- Add the rest of the ingredients (minus 1 tablespoon of butter and cream cheese icing; save those for other steps) and mix very well
- Microwave on high power for 80 seconds
- Remove from microwave and use a butter knife to gently loosen from the inside of the mug
- Melt the other tablespoon of butter and pour over the top of the mug cake because you know, butter
- Frost the top with some of our Keto Cream Cheese Icing
- Grab a fork and indulge!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 mug cake
Amount Per ServingCalories 498 Total Fat 55g Carbohydrates 1g Protein 8g