Gelato recipes have sugar, but this recipe relies on simple, low-carb ingredients. Keto Italian gelato isn’t super fast to make, but the result is awesome!
- 2 cups unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 5 pastuerized egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Heat unsweetened cashew milk and cream in a pot or saucepan over medium heat until the liquid warms and begins to steam; do not bring to a boil
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat powdered erythritol and egg yolks together until well integrated and creamy
- Slowly combine the warm liquid mixture to the egg yolk mixture, keeping the mixer going the entire time
- Transfer the mixture back to the pot or saucepan and heat over medium-low heat; stir constantly
- DO NOT bring the mixture to a boil, but heat until steam is coming from the top for at least 10 - 15 minutes
- Remove from heat and cool completely in the refrigerator; 12 hours at least, overnight preferred
- Strain the chilled mixture through a sieve or strainer before placing into your ice cream maker
- Let the ice cream maker do its thing
- Best served immediately, but can be frozen as well; allow a few minutes for it to thaw before trying to serve (if frozen)
- If applicable, use the lowest setting on your ice cream maker. Traditional gelato should be churned slower than ice cream, which gives it a denser texture. However, this isn't always possible unless using a gelato maker.
- This gelato mixture will generally melt quickly after being removed from the ice cream maker
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per ServingCalories 141 Total Fat 15g Carbohydrates 2g Protein 1g