Honey chicken is a delicious staple Asian dish that is sure to please. In a few short minutes, you can have this low-carb Asian honey chicken ready to eat!
Before you ask, no I’m not going to stop posting and cooking Asian food. You’ll never be able to convince me otherwise. Now that we got that out of the way, here’s another Asian-inspired dish!
Honey chicken apparently is a dish that was born in Malaysia before migrating to China. The original dish was simply chicken fried with a palm sugar, honey and sesame sauce.
The variation we eat most commonly today was created by Chinese immigrants who westernized the dish.
In some places around the world, it is prepared very similarly to lemon chicken. Lemon chicken is basically the same as honey chicken, but with a sweet lemon sauce.
This low-carb version of honey chicken (surprise, surprise, surprise) does not actually use honey. What a shocker!
We sweeten the sauce with Lakanto Golden, which is easily becoming my favorite”go to” sweetener because of its range of uses and taste similarities to brown sugar. Unlike some erythritol based sweeteners, it also dissolves well in warm liquids.
Cooking the chicken is the easy part. Making the sauce is the easy part. In fact, everything about this is the easy part! In the amount of time, it would take you to phone regular Chinese carryout, you can have this dish made, eaten, the dishes cleaned, and be sitting on the couch.
A word of caution (or perhaps just a general note?). This chicken will NOT be anywhere near as sweet as what you may remember. It would take a ton of sweetener to get it that sweet.
And as you may have learned, a ton of any artificial sweetener is not a good thing. More than likely, you’ve experienced this struggle first hand at some point during your keto journey.
As with most of our Asian dishes, add some of our Super Easy Keto Cauliflower White Rice and you’ll have a good meal on your hands!
Cook it. Eat it. Love it!
Similar Recipes You Might Like…
- Keto Bang Bang Shrimp
- Keto Baked Avocado
- Keto Avocado Chicken Posole
- Keto Coconut Shrimp
- Keto Jalapeno Smoked Fatty
- Keto Shrimp and Bacon Chowder
For the chicken...
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan salt
- fresh ground black pepper
For the sauce...
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Place chicken chunks into an non-stick skillet over medium-high heat
- Cook until chicken is cooked through; remove from heat
- Heat a wok to high heat and add all sauce ingredients except for the xanthan gum
- After mixture comes to a boil, add the xanthan gum and stir
- Add chicken to the sauce mixture and cook until sauce thickens considerably and coats the chicken
- Remove, add to some of our Super Easy Keto Cauliflower White Rice and enjoy!
- Pink Himalayan Salt*
- Liquid Aminos*
- Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener*
- Xanthan Gum*
- Non-Stick Skillet*
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1/3 cup
Amount Per ServingCalories 220 Total Fat 10g Carbohydrates 2g Protein 22g