Keto cream of mushroom soupy might not be your typical idea of a great side dish, but as they say, don’t knock it until you try it!
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, melt butter
- Add mushrooms and saute
- Season with salt and pepper and remove a small number of the mushrooms; keep to the side
- Add onion and garlic; saute
- Add thyme, chicken stock, and heavy cream to the pot and bring to a low boil, then reduce heat
- Simmer until mushrooms are tender
- Grab your immersion blender and blend soup until smooth and creamy
- Ladle and serve!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2
Amount Per ServingCalories 523 Total Fat 55g Carbohydrates 6g Protein 4g