A good steak is always an option, but what about a great keto steak au poivre? Cooking your steak in this French fashion will give you a great meal!
- 8oz New York strip steak, boneless
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup Cognac
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- pink Himalayan salt
- fresh ground black pepper, course
- Pat steaks dry and season liberally with salt and fresh pepper
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in the skillet before placing steaks in
- Cook for 5 - 6 minutes on each side, then remove from skillet and loosely wrap in foil
- Let rest for at least 5 minutes
- Reduce heat of skillet to medium-high and add Cognac and beef stock
- Boil for 5 - 10 minutes, or until the mixture begins to reduce
- Add heavy cream and 2 tbsp butter and simmer the mixture
- Remove steaks from foil, place on a plate, and cover with sauce
- Add chopped parsley, your favorite side dish, and dig in!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 steak
Amount Per Serving Calories 782Total Fat 66gCarbohydrates 1gProtein 48g