We used to love Cheetos and eat them all the time. These keto Cheetos are crunchy, packed with flavor, and are sure to be a favorite snack!
Cheetos used to be one of my absolute favorite snacks. They were crunchy, cheesy, and delicious. Maybe not my most favorite snack, but definitely in the top three. I used to grab those little bags of them for a snack when I was in a supermarket or gas station.
Listen, we all know. Cheetos are tasty. There is something about that crunchy, cheesy taste that makes them almost irresistible. They even had that nifty, eye-catching cheetah as their mascot
I will admit, I always felt like I was eating pure artificial nastiness. But, I didn’t seem to care. I ate them anyway. And, I ate them often.
One of the biggest changes we all make when going to a low-carb/keto way of eating is not eating snack (read junk) foods anymore. For me, this meant no more yummy Cheetos. Way better for you, not having them. If you don’t believe me, just check out the nutritional info and the ingredients list.
These keto Cheetos are not overly hard to make but they do take some time and patience. It’s probably best you go into it with that thought in mind. The ingredient list isn’t crazy or long. But, the process is what you have to be careful of.
The key to this recipe is the freezing of the cheese. Be sure to do this for the time timeframe mentioned in the recipe!
When you get done, these keto Cheetos will be nice and crunchy, with a more refined (it is real, after all) cheese taste. They are great for an easy snack or as a side to a lettuce wrap. Furthermore, you can now have all of the Cheetos you want, free of the processed nastiness we were all used to.
Take the time needed to make them because I promise they will be worth it.
Crunchy snack lovers unite!
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, frozen
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Before completing this recipe, make sure you have frozen your cheddar cheese for at least 12 hours (24 preferred)
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Using a hand mixer, mix the egg whites and cream of tartar until the mixture thickens to a whipped cream consistency
- Place frozen cheddar cheese in a food processor and pulse until the cheese has a powder-like consistency
- Add cheese and salt to the egg white mixture and mix for another 2 minutes
- Add egg yolk and mix for another 2 minutes
- Add mixture to either a cake bag with a nozzle or a sandwich bag with a corner cut out
- Squeeze Cheeto sized pieces onto a baking sheet with Silpat (or parchment paper) and place into the oven
- Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 200°F and prop the oven door open with a metal or wooden spoon
- Continue to bake for another 20 - 30 minutes to continue crisping the Cheetos
- Remove from oven and snack away!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 6 Cheetos
Amount Per Serving Calories 94Total Fat 7gCarbohydrates 0gProtein 5g