Posole is a traditional Mexican soup or stew. This keto avocado chicken posole has all of the flavors with none of the carbs!
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 poblano peppers, sliced into large chunks
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Place all ingredients (except avocado) into a slow-cooker
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and contains no pink
- Using a slotted spoon, remove and discard onion quarters and poblano pepper chunks
- Remove chicken and shred in a separate bowl
- Place shredded chicken back into slow cooker and cook for an additional 30 minutes
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with avocado
- Gobble down!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per ServingCalories 410 Total Fat 21g Carbohydrates 4g Protein 18g