Creamy Keto Sugar Cream Pie
One of the best hidden secret dessert recipes around. This keto sugar cream pie is super easy to make and utterly delicious to eat!
To start, I want to go ahead and be honest at the start of this post. Before poking around on our friend Wendi’s website Loaves and Dishes, I had no idea what a sugar cream pie was. I’d never heard of it, never had it (to my knowledge, anyway), and definitely never made it.
You can find her recipe here. Be reminded, it is one to share with your non-low-carb friends.
So, I decided to keep my “poke around” game going and find out the details on sugar cream pie. Apparently, it has its origins in France and Belgium, as well as Quebec, Canada. Originally, it was referred to simply as sugar pie.
The version native to Indiana is where the “sugar cream” name came from. I also ran across several recipes referring to it as Amish pie. Apparently, there are quite a few varieties of the recipe and the name. The base ingredients are generally the same, and presumably, so is the taste.
This keto sugar cream pie keeps the ingredients simple but the taste big. While it might not have sugar in it, it is definitely the right amount of sweet.
When making this, the most important part of the process is letting the pie cool. I originally made the mistake of trying to serve it while still warm (not hot). That didn’t turn out too well. Letting it cool is super important!
Pop it into the fridge for at least a couple hours before cutting and serving. Chill it overnight for the best results. That gives it plenty of time to set up for cutting and serving.
Make this pie. Please, please, please. After you make it, make our other awesome pie. They are both awesome.
Give it a try. I promise it’s worth your time.
Similar Recipes You Might Like…
- Delicious Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Keto Shortbread Cookies
- Simple Keto-Friendly Strawberry Jam
- Fizzy Keto Root Beer Float
- Keto White Hot Chocolate
- Keto White Chocolate Mousse
For the crust...
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- use coupon code betterthanbreadketo for 20% off your order!
For the filling...
- Preheat oven to 400˚F
- Mix the crust ingredients together and form a crust in a glass pie plate
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes
- Combine all of the filling ingredients into a pot over low heat
- Stirring occasionally, only heat the cream, don't boil it! You are just aiming to warm it so the sweetener can dissolve much easier
- After the cream has been heated and the sweetener dissolved, pour the filling mixture into the pie place over the crust
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until the cream has turned a nice a light golden color; the cream will caramelize around the edges of the pie plate, but that is completely normal!
- Remove the pie from the oven and let cool
- Chill the pie at least 4 hours before serving (overnight is best)
- Slice and enjoy!
Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
Organic Vanilla Extract
Pink Himalayan Salt
Pyrex Glass Bakeware Pie Plate 9" x 1.2"
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 200 Total Fat: 18g Carbohydrates: 2g Protein: 3g