These spicy low-carb chicken firecracker meatballs are sweet, spicy, and awesome! They are perfect for your next meal, get-together, or game night!
Spicy is my middle name. Not really, of course, but I do have an affinity for things that have a nice spice to them. My wife, unfortunately, doesn’t share my taste, so a lot of time my “heat” falls on deaf ears. Hopefully, this won’t be the case with our readers here on Better Than Bread.
The notion of using chicken for meatballs struck me odd at first, but I tried to embrace it. I, probably like you, always think of beef being the meatball meat of choice. A quick Google search revealed that meatballs consist of different meats, depending on where in the world you are from.
Before you read much further, I want you to know that these meatballs have a good amount of heat to them. The combination of the hot sauce and the chili garlic sauce is not overpowering, but you might break a slight sweat. In my opinion, that’s not a bad thing, but I wanted to warn you up front.
These low-carb chicken firecracker meatballs are really easy to make, especially since you don’t even have to get your hands messy by allowing a hand mixer and a cookie scoop to do most of the dirty work. They are also pretty “light” too, meaning they won’t make you incredibly full. Not only that, but the sauce is hot, yet sweet at the same time.
Make a batch of our Super Easy Keto Cauliflower White Rice for a nice side dish. Use a small amount of the leftover firecracker sauce to add a wonderful flavor to the rice. A little extra heat with your dish is never a bad thing!
Take the time it takes to make this dish. You will be glad you did. Trust me.
For the meatballs...
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup pork rind breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
For the firecracker sauce...
- Preheat oven to 425˚F
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients
- Using your hands or a hand mixer, mix all ingredients well
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, create meatballs from the mixture
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet with a silicone baking liner
- Place into the oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until the meatballs begin to turn slightly golden on top
- While the meatballs are cooking, combine all of the sauce ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat
- Bring the sauce mixture to a low boil and reduce consistency slightly
- Once the meatballs are done, place them into the sauce mixture and bring to a boil
- Coat the meatballs well in the sauce, reducing the sauce and recoating as you go
- Make a batch of our Super Easy Keto Cauliflower White Rice to serve with the meatballs
- Drizzle some sauce onto the cauliflower rice for extra flavor!
- Serve and enjoy!
Pink Himalayan Salt*
Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener*
Chili Garlic Sauce*
Silicone Baking Liner*
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 6 meatballs
Amount Per ServingCalories 490 Total Fat 24g Carbohydrates 2.5g Protein 51g